Shaklee Independent Distributor

Health and Wellness Products from the #1 Natural Nutrition Company

SHOP ONLINE


VIEW CATALOG

HOME MY STORY TESTIMONIALS INCOME OPPORTUNITY
---------------------------------------------------------------
If you're concerned about your family's health and you're looking for products based in nature and backed by scientific studies, you're in the right place! We can help you create a healthier family and a toxic free home with high quality, natural health and wellness products from the trusted industry leader.



Healthy Living

Fighting the Winter Blues? You may need this

Resveratrol & Super Grape the key to a longer, healthier life? Find out here

Can changing supplements change your life? Click here to find out

How does your multi-vitamin rate? Find out here

Stressed Out? Click to read these helpful tips

Are you sick and tired of being sick?
Learn how to build your immune system with these
helpful tips


Saturday, November 1, 2008

Modern Sacrifice

2 Cor. 5:15-"He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him."

Today in my devotional, This Day With the Master, I read about Robert Morrison and instead of paraphrasing, I am going to write Dr. Kinlaw's words:

Robert Morrison had been a young British man studying accounting when God saved him and called him to the mission field. When he arrived in China and the Chinese learned what his mission was, they booted him out. In those days people who went to the mission field went for life; there was no such thing as furlough. So Robert went to Macao, a Portuguese colony. He stayed there a little while and then returned to China, but again was deported, so he found a job with the East India Company as an accountant. Periodically, he would travel into China only to be expelled each time. Morrison worked all day for the East India Company, which hated missionaries,. and at night he translated the Bible into Chinese.
(This is a picture of his translation)
Eventually he finished translating the Bible, and later he died in Macao. For days after his death, there was no agreement on where to bury his body. The Chinese certainly did not want a Christian to be buried in their cemetery, and the Roman Catholics were not about to have a Protestant buried in their cemetery. Finally, someone negotiated with the Roman Catholic archbishop, who sold one cemetery plot so they could bury Robert Morrison. He was rejectedf all his life and even rejected in death. Rarely do we recognize the cost that other people have paid to be faithful to the Lord Jesus. In our society, we focus so much on our own personal needs that few people will stand up and say, "Whatever God asks, I will do." Are you willing to do that?

Sacrificial living will look different for each of us. All God asks is that we live for Him in complete obedience, putting aside our sinful desires. This is such a difficult concept to grasp. I am so prone to think first of myself and worry about my own troubles rather than look out for someone else. I guess that is why Jesus said, "Love your neighbor AS YOURSELF!"

My own sacrificial living must start at home...looking out for Nate before myself. A friend challenged me today by saying, "Our marriage relationships say alot about our relationship with God." This is so true! And, my own sacrificial living must start with Nate. Saturday nights during football season that means putting aside laundry, talking on the telephone, working on Shaklee, etc. and sitting down spending time with my hubby. I could care less about football, but it means the world to him when I enter into his world. Like I said, sacrifice looks different for each of us. In what ways is God asking you to sacrifice your own desires? He died for us so that we would be able to live for Him and not for ourselves. He deserves our sacrifice.

5 comments:

Lore said...

Hi Heather,
Well it is 4:55 am and I've been awake since 3:00. I have decided to take your weight loss challenge. I would like to lose 20 more pounds but more than that I want to have a healthier spiritual life. I will open my Bible every day I owe it to myself and my family. I will try to fill the house with healthier food and work out five days a week for a half hour. However right now there is a lot of temptation with all the candy. But cindy has been helping to deplete the supply of candy. The kids are not happy about that but mom is. The verse the Lord has given me is Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:12 I feel like I've been a little stagnet lately and don't feel like I belong anywhere. But God keeps telling me I belong to him. I know there is no greater place to belong. I need to find rest and peace in the Lord. I feel like Paul in Romans 7:18 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. But praise God I can live in victory over sin. God bless and have a great day
LOri

Anonymous said...

Go, Lori! You're gorgeous already so I cannot imagine what 20 more pounds will do. You might be a goddess! Except you make children sick and keep them up late.
I believe in you! You can...Phil. 4:13
Gretchen, Heather's momma

Anonymous said...

I was joking about the sick kids and keeping then up let.
Grechen

Anonymous said...

I was joking about the sick kids and keeping then up late.
Grechten, again

Anonymous said...

Hi Grechten,
DJ was bummed when he found out his friend was not coming. so now I know the real reason your not coming you can't handle Ohio people. just kidding thanks for the kind words. have a great day.
God Bless
Lori