Shaklee Independent Distributor

Health and Wellness Products from the #1 Natural Nutrition Company

SHOP ONLINE


VIEW CATALOG

HOME MY STORY TESTIMONIALS INCOME OPPORTUNITY
---------------------------------------------------------------
If you're concerned about your family's health and you're looking for products based in nature and backed by scientific studies, you're in the right place! We can help you create a healthier family and a toxic free home with high quality, natural health and wellness products from the trusted industry leader.



Healthy Living

Fighting the Winter Blues? You may need this

Resveratrol & Super Grape the key to a longer, healthier life? Find out here

Can changing supplements change your life? Click here to find out

How does your multi-vitamin rate? Find out here

Stressed Out? Click to read these helpful tips

Are you sick and tired of being sick?
Learn how to build your immune system with these
helpful tips


Sunday, November 16, 2008

Satisfied....




Psalm 63
A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah.


O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.
My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.
They who seek my life will be destroyed;
they will go down to the depths of the earth.
They will be given over to the sword
and become food for jackals.
But the king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God's name will praise him,
while the mouths of liars will be silenced.

This was the first Psalm I ever memorized as a teenager. I was very scared because I was going to face going to a Community College after being home schooled my entire school experience. My mom had decided to send me to a Community College when I was 16, so I could get some experience in the classroom before going 2,000 miles away to get my Bachelor's Degree. I remember walking the campus, memorizing "O God, You are My God, Earnestly I seek You..."
There have been so many other times in my life I have come back to this Psalm...my "break-up" with the infatuation of my life, David Walter...my first day of facing 29 third graders...the months spent nurturing a long-distance relationship with the love of my life...the overwhelming experience of becoming a Pastor's Wife at 23 years of age....the list goes on and on.
No matter what I have experienced, it has never been as intense as David, the future King of Israel, faced in his years spent in the desert, running for his life. The King he loved and father of his best friend was trying to kill him, out of a jealous rage. Yet, in this time, David was one with God. His heart was intensely fixated on the Lord, His provider. He knew a deep, grounded relationship with the Lord, and it nourished him through this terrifying experience. David's knowledge of the Lord's provision in His life was so real, and it gave Him hope, even though He was spending the night in caves and scavenging for food. He knew He was alive because of the Lord. And, instead of being resentful for his situation, He chose to focus on the Lord's goodness in His life.

Lord, I want to know You as real as David knew You. Satisfy my soul as with the richest of foods. When I am awake with Moriah, help me to think of you through the watches of the night. I praise You for who You are...Help me to know more of You and Your character everyday....what a privilege it is to know You!!!

No comments: