Shaklee Independent Distributor

Health and Wellness Products from the #1 Natural Nutrition Company

SHOP ONLINE


VIEW CATALOG

HOME MY STORY TESTIMONIALS INCOME OPPORTUNITY
---------------------------------------------------------------
If you're concerned about your family's health and you're looking for products based in nature and backed by scientific studies, you're in the right place! We can help you create a healthier family and a toxic free home with high quality, natural health and wellness products from the trusted industry leader.



Healthy Living

Fighting the Winter Blues? You may need this

Resveratrol & Super Grape the key to a longer, healthier life? Find out here

Can changing supplements change your life? Click here to find out

How does your multi-vitamin rate? Find out here

Stressed Out? Click to read these helpful tips

Are you sick and tired of being sick?
Learn how to build your immune system with these
helpful tips


Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Second Most Important Relationship...

"But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us."
1 John 4:12

A couple years ago (before kids), a friend of mine said, "Heather, it is so amazing how you truly put your husband first, you serve him and go out of your way for him...even get up and get him drinks....I want to be like that!" We shared a condo for the week together and she was so impressed at how I went out of my way for Nate. Today, two years and two kids later...I feel humbled by that memory!


Sometime between the stresses of ministry, two kids, lack of sleep, friendships, hurts & disappointments, expectations not being met, excitement of life, fun times, a growing business, teaching, cleaning the house, meeting the needs of others...I have forgotten to take care of & give special attention to the man of my dreams, the most important relationship I'm in besides my relationship with God. My marriage is evidence of my relationship with God. If this relationship fails, my relationship with God fails also. I have made a covenant to my God to stay in my marriage relationship, which means there's no backing out.


In our Fireproof Sunday School class this past week I was challenged to do something I haven't done in a long time...study what God says about marriage. I pray for Nate daily, while riding in the car with Isaiah. We say, "God, help daddy to have a great day. Guide him, give him your peace, protect him. Show him what YOU want him to do and give him the strength to do it." But, when I take time to sit down, read the Word and pray, I don't often put much thought into my marriage. Sounds bad, I know, but I have a good marriage, so I don't always feel the need to work at it. Oh, boy, have I been wrong!


So, as I read the Word today and pondered how to get back to the point where I thought first of Nate, then of myself, I was challenged by 1 John 4:17: "God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect." So, as I continue to surrender my relationship to God, He will show me how to perfectly love Nate...the way He loves Nate.



My first challenge this week from God's Word is this:

1. Speak Kindness....not nagging or demanding


Proverbs 31:26 "When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule when she gives instructions."





Lord, help me to surrender my life and my marriage to You everyday. I praise you for the joy of marriage and the love You've shown to me through my marriage relationship. Help me to make this relationship a top priority in my life, even when life is crazy busy. Help me to make time for Nate & think of him before myself. Help me not to put unrealistic expectations on him & to see him as you see him. Bless Him and continue to guide and protect him. I love him...Help me to find ways to show him I love him.

No comments: