Shaklee Independent Distributor

Health and Wellness Products from the #1 Natural Nutrition Company

SHOP ONLINE


VIEW CATALOG

HOME MY STORY TESTIMONIALS INCOME OPPORTUNITY
---------------------------------------------------------------
If you're concerned about your family's health and you're looking for products based in nature and backed by scientific studies, you're in the right place! We can help you create a healthier family and a toxic free home with high quality, natural health and wellness products from the trusted industry leader.



Healthy Living

Fighting the Winter Blues? You may need this

Resveratrol & Super Grape the key to a longer, healthier life? Find out here

Can changing supplements change your life? Click here to find out

How does your multi-vitamin rate? Find out here

Stressed Out? Click to read these helpful tips

Are you sick and tired of being sick?
Learn how to build your immune system with these
helpful tips


Monday, March 23, 2009

My Motivational Mantra

All this week I have been "chanting" to myself Phillippians 4;13, " I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."



There are some days where getting out of bed seems like such a chore. Other days, you'd have to tape me to the chair to get me to sit still for a minute. It seems like my personality is so much all or nothing. And, on the days where I feel so much "nothing", those are the days that I cling to this verse. I can do ALL things through Him....He promises to help me. But, the Word takes us even deeper. John 10:10 says, "I have come that they may have life and have it abundantly!" We aren't supposed to tread through the day, dreading every minute. We are supposed to be living life to the fullest! It means no more dreading every second of every day, living in fear of what may come. We who know Jesus know that there is SOOO much more to life than the daily routine, the numbers on the scale, the checks coming in. Yet, it is so hard to think of anything else some days!! What's the answer? How do we stay focused? It has to be more than mere motivation because motivation will NOT keep us going.



Here is where a "plan" comes in handy.

When I was in couseling for my eating disorders, my counselor told me to write down anything that I liked to do other than eat. She told me to put those things in a jar and everytime I wanted to binge, pull an activity out and do it! When I was focused on binging, eating everything in sight, I knew I needed to go to the jar to take my mind off of food. When I called a friend, ran outside, or read a book I was able to refocus and remember why I was choosing not to binge.

What's our plan?

We know the things that we need to do to be healthy and live a healthy life. But, when we are tempted to take another path and make bad decisions, we need to have a plan! My "plan" this week was to continually quote "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me..." And guess what? The anxieties subsided and I was able to re-focus. I KNOW that I serve a passionate God who wants GREAT things for me, but there are times I start listening to the world and begin to believe that I am not good enough for those great things. I am not good enough to be healthy, I don't deserve to succeed in life. These are LIES! When I am tempted to take this path of believing the lies, that is when I need to reach into the jar, take a step back, and re-focus. God will speak the truth to me.

So, when you start to hear the lies, what's YOUR plan?

No comments: