Shaklee Independent Distributor

Health and Wellness Products from the #1 Natural Nutrition Company

SHOP ONLINE


VIEW CATALOG

HOME MY STORY TESTIMONIALS INCOME OPPORTUNITY
---------------------------------------------------------------
If you're concerned about your family's health and you're looking for products based in nature and backed by scientific studies, you're in the right place! We can help you create a healthier family and a toxic free home with high quality, natural health and wellness products from the trusted industry leader.



Healthy Living

Fighting the Winter Blues? You may need this

Resveratrol & Super Grape the key to a longer, healthier life? Find out here

Can changing supplements change your life? Click here to find out

How does your multi-vitamin rate? Find out here

Stressed Out? Click to read these helpful tips

Are you sick and tired of being sick?
Learn how to build your immune system with these
helpful tips


Thursday, March 19, 2009

Follow the Rules

Almost every problem you face in your life can be solved by identifying 6 or 7 rules or steps. I made this discovery when I was trying to get out of debt; I noticed all the financial books were saying the same things 6 or 7 things; avoid debt, be frugal, be generous, be a saver, and keep a budget. One day a light bulb went off in my head... I wonder if the same principle is true for weight loss? I started studying and discovered that all the books were pretty much saying the same things. So I wrote down my 7 rules for a healthy lifestyle and I lost 55 pounds by just following the rules. Here are the 7 weight loss rules that I try to follow every day of my life:



1) Drink lots of water (90oz.)

2) Eat a healthy

3) Eat often (five times)

4) Eat less (one portion)

5) Rigorous Exercise

6) Stop eating after 7pm (my hardest one)

7) Go to Bed (getting out of the kitchen is my only relief plus I get my rest)



In closing let me make sure that you understand something very important; there is a big difference between the words simple and easy. The rules are simple but doing them is not easy. I still have to fight a daily battle to keep my body in check. Let me encourage you to spend some time discovering your own 6 or 7 simple rules that you can incorporate into your lifestyle.



Your partner in the battle,

Pastor Joel (Heather's Proud Papa)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Joel, I totally agree with what you said. Losing weight and getting into shape sounds like a very simple thing to do, but it is anything but easy.

You start off enthusiatic and full of hope, but somewhere along the way it gets difficult to stay motivated.

Your seven rules are very encouraging, and I am going to attempt to incorporate them into my daily routine.

Thank you so very much for your inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being open with your struggles. It does help to know that we all have to work to achieve and maintain our goals and understanding the things worth having don't come easy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joel. I love how you simplify everything! I really enjoy your blogs!!